Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sites I liked on Remants Reworked


 
I chose the following sites as they are online selling sites and could be used to advertise the articles we make, and thus our business. 
Etsy Handmade – this is a good site to use to sell your handmade items; etsy lists items by category or topic as well as a directory of local shops in the area

Artfile.com – this is another good site to use to sell your handmade items, but the difference between this one and etsy is that it is associated with Amazon’s universal wish list

Metaphor Boutique – this is a local shop (which my daughter frequents) that sells commercial items but also handmade/artist items

Handmade Artists’ Shop – this is a combination of a marketplace and community forum and includes a collection of artists and craftspeople learning from one another

Supermarket – is a marketplace, they don’t offer every category but do have “four meta ones: everything, wear + carry, space + place, and paper + prints”, clicking on an item takes you to that designer’s store and it includes a directory of designers.

Cafe Press – I chose this site, as I have used it in the past to put a few images I designed on various items, such as tee-shirts, totes, mugs, apparel, wall posters, bumper stickers and other objects, you also don’t have to purchase large quantities of items at one time.  I thought this would be a way I could create items to advertise my business.- things that I could include when I ship a purchase out as a way to say thank you and remind the buyer of my company.   

Bonanza - has free listings, low fees and live support if you have issues; they have a craft category but they also sell books, CDs and other merchandise.

For suppliers I liked the following on my website: 
Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts Store - one of the places I purchase remnants and trims

Fashion Fabrics Club – another place to purchase material

Royale Hare – this is one of my girlfriend’s business, where she sells her home spun yarn, which she also dyes and some other goods.

Yardage Town – I tried to find a way to like them on Facebook, but could not locate a Facebook icon or any social media sites listed on their website

Folkwear Patterns – I chose this one because I use these patterns and many of them I can use multiple fabrics to create the items

A website I’ve been trying to get on and investigate, but have been having issues connecting is SpoonFlower which focuses on fabrics and makes it possible for you to design, print and sell your own fabric designs.  I thought I could design fabrics to use in the articles we create.   I plan to keep trying to get on their site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment