Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 15 blog: Wrapping things Up


 
 

An interesting thing I learned in this class is that there are a lot more Social Media platforms than I thought or had even heard of.  I don’t know how anyone can keep up with all of them.  As you stated in your email, the younger users are always looking for the latest and greatest platform and people in the older group are just getting well versed in programs such as Facebook, YouTube, email and others.  I did learn that I cannot rely on my two children to be up on the latest social media “craze”, as neither one of them are that involved with it.  My son is texting and emails – no Facebook page; my daughter has a Facebook page (and only recently has started to post to it), texting, emails and Instagram – so I might be the one “training” them. 

I had never blogged before this class, and I had never followed a blog before, although I had occassionally looked at one of my bosses’ blogs to check out his latest photographs.

If my daughter and I get our Remnants Reworked business started, I will need to make sure that we get our blog up and running (though I plan to keep writing on this one going, as I will be traveling a lot in the future), keep our Facebook page up to date, get my son’s help in creating a web page, post photos on Pinterest (maybe Instagram), send out Tweets (as I have a Twitter account – though I mostly use it to follow), start selling items via Etsy and other craft sites and eventually create YouTube videos.  I would never have thought of these if I had not taken this class. 

If my daughter gets her dream of her own production company, this knowledge will help me to get her business out there via Social Media too.

I enjoyed the class, I learned a lot, though I have to admit sometimes it was confusing jumping from one textbook to the other.  I am keeping my notes and textbooks to use as reference materials when the time comes.  I may also suggest to some of my friends who have their own small businesses that they might consider using some of these social media platforms to get their businesses better known and increase their customer base. 

Thank you again for your patience and I wish you all the best for the coming new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment