Saturday, November 30, 2013

Week 11: Online Advertising


 

 

When I start up my business, I believe it would be advantageous to limit my advertising to Facebook, some direct mail to local people, postcard ads at crafts and street fairs that we would participate in, and possibly print ads if we could afford them. 

I’ve just started using Twitter and I have not received any Twitter ads, so I don’t know what they look like.  I have, however, had numerous ads show up on my Facebook page – though I usually ignore them. 

I designed three possible Facebook ads that I could use:

 
 

Below are also a couple of ads that could be used when folks do Google searches under the words:  “unique”, “one of a kind”, “one-of-a-kind” or “personalized”. 


One-of-a-Kind Gifts - Remnants Reworked
www.remnantsreworked.com
Unique, personal and one of a kind gifts
- create the perfect gift


Unique Gift Ideas - Remnants Reworked
www.remnantsreworked.com
Handmade and personalized gifts created
according to your specification


Personalized Gifts - Remnants Reworked
www.remnantsreworked.com
We will create and send personalized gifts
for any event or occasion.


Pinterest might also work for our business, as people post photos of crafts and items that they like to Pinterest.  This might bring customers or clients that are looking for the type of items we create. 

As for direct mail advertising, I would create a postcard with multiple photos of items we have created on the front side(glossy).  The number of photos would depend upon the size of the postcard.  On the back side, on the left, I would offer an option of a 20% discount on all orders placed before a specific deadline (based upon when I do the mailing) or free shipping.  Below is an example of what I am thinking. 

          Visit our website at www.remnantsreworked.com
          for photographs of some of the items we have
          created for our customers.  After deciding what
          item(s) you would like created, including choosing
          the colors and/or fabrics to be used, then go to
          our order page to fill in all the required and necessary
          information. 

          You may use one of the following codes when
          placing your order: 
               MS12345 - 20% discount on your order
          OR
               MS56789 - free shipping on your order. 
 
Also, I could include the same type discounts on my email newsletter to my current customers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment