Saturday, November 9, 2013

Week 8 - Searching for Twitter Leads


 

 

Ok, so after setting up a new Twitter account for my business, Remants Reworked, customizing it, figuring out how to follow some other students, the next part of the assignment was to use the advanced search tool to find at least five other users who could benefit my business. 

I searched crafts, and came up with Artisan Faire, then I searched using the word fabrics and found both Mood (of Project Runway fame) and Michael Levine Inc. (a fabric store in downtown Los Angeles that I have spent a lot of money at).  I have to admit, when you search “fabrics”, I had to go through quite a few to find the two I wanted.  It would have been easier to just search their names (if I could have remembered the name of the store in LA we go to all the time - Michael Levine).  I decided to do a direct name search for a couple of the sewing magazines I use: “Threads” and “Sew Stylish”.    Finally, just for the fun of it, I searched for Project Runway and decided to follow the official Project Runway and Tim Gunn, but I was amazed that the results included in this search, including various designers that had been on the show, fan clubs, and Project Runway shows in other countries.
I was trying to figure out how to search for costuming and not get all the places that sell costumes, but more like theatres, film and tv who need costumers.  Any suggestions?

One thing interesting, is that although I followed some of my classmates and other specific sites, tweets showed up in my Twitter account from the Gap, Huffington Post and a few others.  This could get rather interesting in the long run. 

I did write one tweet, and that was to mention that although I had only been in Hanoi, Vietnam for two weeks, I had made a number of friends, so I am worried about them due to Typhoon Haiyan.  Don’t know when I will hear from them or I may be able to contact them.  Just keep all the people in the path of that Typhoon in my thoughts and prayers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment