Friday, September 20, 2013

Apple.com and Tectorch.com







Potential Problems: 

1)      Horizontally scrolling pages in tan (iPHone 5s); white (iOS7 & iTunes Radio): black (September Event 2013); bright blue (iPhone 5c); and yellow, bright blue, bright green, or hot pink (iPhone 5c) – they may not seem that fast, but I found it somewhat irritating that they did not show up in the same order, so if you missed it the first time through you might not catch it the second time.  Also, the color for the iPhone 5c kept changing-I first saw it as bright green, so I waited for bright green to come around again before I realized the iPhone 5C was now another color. 

2)      Each page had “Watch the Keynote”, “Watch the video” and/or “Learn More” which meant scrolling and clicking to whichever one you wanted.  If I wanted to watch the keynote address, why wasn’t it on the side or the bottom, or only on the screen with the new CEO’s photo (Tim Cook).  Also, it took a very long time for the Keynote to come up.

3)      The phrases “Watch the Keynote”, “Watch the video” and/or “Learn More” were at different places on each window.  Sometimes they were under the phone photos, but above the iOS7; off to the side of iTunes radio and at the bottom of the CEO’s photo page.  It would have been nice if they were all in the same place on each slide.

 

Things I did like:

1)      It was very colorful and the photos were clear and sharp

2)      The one thing that didn’t change, was underneath each link was in blue font color with other wording in a dark grey: 

a.      Shop the Apple Online Store (1-800-MY-APPLE), visit an Apple Retail Store, or find a reseller

b.      Site Map

c.      Hot News

d.      RSS Feeds

e.      Media Info

f.       Environment

g.      Job Opportunities

h.      Contact US

i.       Globe shaped American flag

3)      At the very bottom was “Copyright © 2013 Apple Inc. All rights reserved” and links for the “Terms of Use” and “Privacy Policy

4)      The Copyright Notice

 


I chose TEC Welding Products, Inc. because my father was a welder and I am a little bit familiar with welding products.  In the company history, they list some of their innovative features, lists the many brands they offer and are sold worldwide.  They list a number of the trademarked names they have for the products they offer, which means they protect their brandnames. 

Potential problems: 

1)      The company history, although brief, was in a very small font

2)      Although I liked the waving American flag in the upper left corner, I was “catch it” in my peripheral vision so I found it distracting

3)      I think it might have been better to put the photos of their Featured Products on a separate page as being on the same page as the rest of it, I found it a little busy/cramped for my tastes.

Things I liked: 

1)      There was a photo of their production facility in San Diego.

2)      All the links were in a column off to the side.

3)      It was easy on the eyes.

4)      How “See what actual welders say about WeldTec TIG torches …” and Featured Producets were delineated on the screen

5)      The use of only a few colors for the fonts:  black, red and blue

6)      The equipment photos were very crisp and clean.

7)      They also had their Copyright Notice at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment