Thursday, September 12, 2013

Social Media programs and 7th graders-oh no!!!!



This doesn't really have to do with Week 2's homework, but I found this rather interesting.  One night a week I teach middle school students and tonight was the first class for this year.  So I introduce myself to my 25 students as "Ms. Cindy" and give them some background about myself and we talked about a few things before actually getting into the lesson I was to cover.  I mentioned I will be visiting Vietnam in October for part business/part vacation.  They wanted to know if I had Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and a couple of other social media programs I had not heard of.  They wanted to be able to "follow" me and see photos I take and read about what I was doing/seeing in Vietnam.  Instagram was the most popular one mentioned.  So I may have to set up an Instagram account (if I can figure out how and learn how one uses it).  Or maybe a separate Facebook account for my students to access.  I don't know what would be best, as I would like to keep it limited to my students and possibly use it each year as a way to reach them-both past and present students (every year I get a new class of 7th graders).  So I am willing to take any suggestions.  I figure it would be a good way to post stuff between classes, remind them to bring their textbooks to the next class and about any homework due, maybe post little sayings and such, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment